Indian handset brand XOLO has officially introduced its own software interface called HIVE with new handset XOLO 8X-1000, its first octa-core processor-powered smartphone. Xolo is the first Indian handset manufacturer to come up with its own interface.
HIVE has been designed to offer ease of use and flexibility which allows users to join in and become a part of the development team by sharing their ideas. The HIVE launcher separates apps based on time, a bit like the Everything Me launcher. Apart from that, the company has also designed new widgets for the music player, calls, and messages and also has a one-touch RAM cleaner, which clears all background apps with just a click.
Another big feature that’s arriving with the HIVE launcher is EDGE. EDGE is basically meant to bring creative communities closer to users. The feature provides a platform for designers to design exclusive themes, ringtones and wallpapers for users.
XOLO 8X-1000 is the first device to have HIVE with unique interface with features not found in android devices.
Let us have a look at the device : XOLO 8X 1000 Full Specifications
Xolo 8X-1000 is powered by the octa-core MediaTek TruOcta processor and has a 5-inch 720p screen protected with Asahi DragonTail glass, 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage and a microSD card for memory expansion and a 8-megapixel Sony Exmor-R sensor with a 2 megapixel front facing camera.
XOLO 8X-1000 is priced at Rs 13,999
Here are the key specs: Also read XOLO 8X 1000 Full Specifications
- 5 inch , 720×1280 px display, IPS LCD and ASAHI Dragontrail glass protection on top of it. The back gets Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection as it has a glass body.
- 1.4 GHz octa core MediaTek MT6592M processor
- Mali 450-MP4 GPU
- Android 4.4 KitKat with HIVE UI
- 2GB RAM with 16GB of internal storage expandable upto 32GB
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash and an EXMOR R Sensor for better quality imaging.2MP front camera
- 3G (HSDA+), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS and Dual SIM connectivity
- 1920mAh Li-Ion battery